MacDonald Group are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is on the Financial Services Register under the registration number 137301. MacDonald Group’s registered address is Corrie Lodge, Millburn Road, Inverness, Scotland, IV2 3TP. MacDonald Group uses the following trading styles: MacDonald Partnership; Rankin Risk Solutions; Capital Consultants and Abbey Spring Hill.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
(“MacDonald Group” “MacDonald Partnership” “Rankin Risk Solutions” “Abbeyspringhill” “Capital Consultants” “we” “us” and “our”.)
We do update this policy from time to time so please do review this policy regularly.
Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website;
- information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or obtain a quote for an insurance policy;
- information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means including by telephone;
- details of transactions that you carry out through our website; and
- details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is processed and stored securely.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not always totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered in to between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our website or service.
We may also use your data or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant situated on the form on which we collect your data.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we reserve the right to provide them with aggregate anonymised information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate anonymised information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience that they want to target (for example, women in Brighton). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Our website may from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 Act (the “Act”) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.